Overcoming Stage Fright for a Singer or Pianist - Just Imagine!!
Updated: Jan 29
1. Stop thinking about yourself and your fear to your true purpose—connecting with your audience; making a difference in their lives whether you are singing or playing the piano.
2. Stop thinking negative thoughts about what might go wrong. Instead, think about positive thoughts and reassuring yourself that you are going to do a great job.
3. Refuse to dwell on thoughts that create self-doubt and low confidence.
4. Practice ways to calm yourself and relax your mind and body, such as deep breathes, relaxation stretching, yoga, and meditation.
5. Eat good food, exercise and practice other healthful lifestyle habits.
6. Close your eyes and visualize your success: You must focus on your strength and ability in a performance.
7. Prepare, practice and know your music.
8. Make eye contact with your audience: Smile and greet people, think of them as friends.
9. Posture is key, stand or sit in a self-assured, confident posture and wear clothes that make you feel confident.
Remember, no one ever gives a perfect performance. It is ok to make mistakes, just be natural and be yourself.
JOKE FOR THE DAY: Why did the tortilla chip start dancing?
Because they put on the salsa.